Hot Spicy Meatballs, A Great Super Bowl Snack
Cook time, about 1 hour
1/2 lb ground pork (use any meat you like)
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 chopped green onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
4 oz Your Favorite Hot Spicy Sauce
- Mix the ingredients together, until everything is evenly combined. (except the sauce and sesame seeds)
- If you don’t want to get your hands gooey, use food handlers gloves.
- Roll the mixture into balls, using about one large tablespoon of mixture for each.
- Make 9, that’s about all you can get into your coffee pot.
- Put the Meatballs into a bowl to pre-heat. (see directions below)
insulate the pot
Wrap the coffee pot with a double layer of foil, do not cover the bottom.
Take an 18 inch piece of foil, fold it in half lengthwise and wrap it around the pot.
This will help raise the temperature of the contents in the pot.
Later you will also be adding 2 layers of foil to cover the top.
This will help raise the temperature about 40 degrees.
Never put a hot-pot on a cold surface, put it on a pot holder or a towel.
Never use a metal spoon in your coffee pot. Always use a wooden or plastic spoon, the glass is delicate and you don’t want to break it.
- Super Heat 2 cups of water by pouring it into the reservoir, letting it drip into the pot and pouring it back into the reservoir and let it drip into the pot again. This will raise the temperature about 20 degrees.
- Pour the superheated water over the meatballs in the bowl and allow to warm whiling heating more water.
Coffee Pot shown without foil insulation.
- Super-Heat 2 Cups of water by pouring the water in the reservoir, letting it drip thru into the pot and pouring it back in to the reservoir, do not let it drip thru a second time yet.
- Put the pre-warmed meatballs in the pot, do not include the water.
- Put the pot on the burner.
- Allow the Super-Heated water to drip over them.
- Cover the top with a double layer of foil.
- Cook 40 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot, being careful not to pour any of the meatballs out, any water left will thin your sauce.
- Add 4 oz sauce and sesame seeds to the pot with the meatballs.
- Cover, and cook an additional 20 min. to heat the sauce.
Caution: Never put a hot-pot on a cold surface, if you need to put it down not on the burner, put it on a hot pad or a towel.
Carefully remove the meatballs, you can use plastic tongs or just dump them out.
Q. Do I have to super-heat the water and pre-warm the meatballs?
A. No, just add an hour to the cooking time.
Q. Do I have to super heat the water that I cook the meat balls in?
A. No, just run the water thru the reservoir once and add about 20 minutes.
As you can see pre-heating meat and super heating water can really cut down on cooking time. When you put the cold meat in the pot of water you drastically reduce the water temperature, but by pre-heating you bring the meat temperature up about 50 degrees and when you are cooking with something that doesn’t put out a lot of heat, that can be substantial.