Three Layer Chocolate Cake… The Ultimate in Baking With Your Coffee Maker. Bake something special for someone you love.
So what did I bake the cake in? I have 2 little pans from my Easy Bake Oven, do you remember those, I sill have one in the barn and it still works, what’s not to work, it’s only a light bulb in a box.
I only use water when using a mix to make cakes or cupcakes with my coffee maker, it makes a lighter cake than using eggs and oil. I’m not sure why, it might have to do with baking at such a low temperature. (Anyway it’s all about experimenting, so try what ever you want.) Besides it makes it real easy to just add water, you don’t need to have anything else on hand. Since you’re not using eggs, you can eat the batter raw, it makes a great frosting if you have any left over.
You’ll need to build a mini oven.
Mini Oven 1 metal bowl, (three cup size will work nicely).
Mini Cake Pan, I used 2 little pans from my easy bake oven.
Pre-warm your oven place your metal bow upside down on top of the burner and let it warm for about 5 minutes.
Bake Your Cake
- 1 cup cake mix (this will give you enough for a 4 layer cake or three layers with some left over to frost your cake).
- 1/2 c water (this is only a approximate, some batters may take less).
- Make the batter just slightly looser than brownie batter, but not so loose that it will pour.
- Grease your pan and cut a parchment circle for the bottom, grease it too on both sides, (the grease on the bottom of the parchment paper will help it stick to the pan while you are adding the batter.
- Put 3 Tbsp. batter into your pan.
- Quickly take your heated off bowl off the burner, put your cake pan on and replace the hot bowl covering the cake pan.
- Bake 18 minutes.
Frost or leave unfrosted, but remember if you make your cakes with out eggs you can use some of the batter to frost them.