Instant Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
There is no reason breakfast can’t taste like dessert. See some of my favorite toppings listed below.
The coffee maker is the perfect way to make instant oatmeal, at home or away.
When I make instant oatmeal it never seems quite done if I just pour hot water in it. It just seems a little raw, so I make mine with a coffee maker in a metal bowl. I let the water drip onto the oatmeal, stir and let it set a few minutes on the burner. This really is a great way to finish it off and it turns out perfect. Stir often, and don’t leave it on to long.
- Put 2 pkg instant oatmeal in a metal bowl or cup.
- Put the bowl on the burner of the coffee maker.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the reservoir.
- Turn on the machine and let the water drip thru on to the oats.
- Let the oats sit on the burner for a couple of minutes, be sure and stir often.
Pureed Fruit (Baby food adds a great flavor, it’s pure fruit with no aditives.)
* You can always keep some on hand.
Morning Trail Mix
* Dried fruits and nuts along with a little maple syrup.
* Banana puree, shreaded or flaked coconut and maple syrup.